Donations Kisoboka Uganda, Inc.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Amazing Journey and the next steps

My trip to Uganda  in October was absolutely amazing.   Rescuing Rachel - confirmed she has returned to school.  HIGHLIGHT of the week!

Catherine's grandfather heard I was in the village, an looked for me.  He wanted to thank me for the goats our project provided for him. They now have 4 goats and one of them is pregnant.  The gift of the goats has blessed their family abundantly.  He is praising God for such a gift.

Farouq is doing well and preparing for his surgery in December.

During my visit and while attempting to rescue Winnie.(I have not given up)  finding out Hamila was taken by her uncle to work in his store, talking to Francises mom and getting him to return to school.
I have identified a pattern.  Kids are taken,sold and traded during the long holiday stretch from November to February.  I am planning a return trip in February.   This trip will be different from other trips.  (I will still be going in October)  this trip is to set the stage for the year and encourage the parents/guardians to allow the children to return to school.  Hopefully the trip will help prevent the need to try to rescue kids for an entire year. 
This is a very  aggressive plan as it  usually takes me a year to fund raise for the trip.    Air fair has dropped and is now around $1,300.00 reducing the cost by ~ $200.00so the amount I need to raise is ~$2,800
Any end of the year donation (tax deductible ) would be appreciated more than you could ever imagine.


 

No comments: