Donations Kisoboka Uganda, Inc.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Preparing

Today I went for my last series of shots. Glad that is over, I have been lucky one member of our team became very ill from the yellow fever shot.

Here is an update on what I plan to do while in Uganda

My Number 1 is to visit with the Orphans from the Christian Academy Mission Orphanage Program and get to know them. I have been working on getting prayer sponsors for each of them. It is overwhelming to think that in Uganda alone there are 1.5 million orphans, these are children raising them selves.

Meeting Pastor Wilson who creates beauful Batik Art, he has 6 children he is trying to support , todate I have sold 2 pieces of Artwork My plan is to have a web site soon.

Meeting Immaculate she has adopted me as her maama , her mother died when she was 8. She is 23 and unemployed living with her father that is very ill. She is interested in going to the Uganda University to study Human Resources. I am going to try to find a corporate sponsor to pay for her education. The cost per semester in Uganda is only $600.00. I will be going to the University while I am there. (I am not sure if I will be speaking there or not)

I will be doing public speaking at Churches while I am there. I have no idea yet what I will be saying. I am not sure what other adventures Pastor Frank has planned for me. I will be speaking at Trinity Covenant Church in Lexington in a couple of weeks.

Interesting news update on Joseph Kony leader of the LRA is suppose to be signing a peace agreement hopefully on May 10th. People are still being abducted by the LRA in the past couple of months. The peace agreement was supposed to be signed the end of March but Joseph Kony got mad and killed all of the people that worked closely with him.
Please ask questions!

1 comment:

jmaroney said...

Good luck, Sandy. You're doing good work! As far as pictures go, the administrative interface to the blog software you're using should have a utility to let you upload pictures. That may be something you need to add in from a library of plug ins.

Travel safely!
Joyce