Donations Kisoboka Uganda, Inc.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Why Uganda? Why not the USA? I need to rant.....

I am often asked "Why Uganda?  Why not children in the US?"    My answer,  I volunteer for agencies in the USA for children in the USA.  Yes there is a need.  Why are our children living in Hotels????  Why are our children Hungry?  We are a rich nation!!!  Why  is there such a great need.
 Really why are these children and families disposable?  Why are mentally ill patients looked down on?  IF the disease they were battling were cancer or many other terminal diseases they would not be looked down on.  UGGGG  if you are asking me why Uganda and not the USA are you working to making a change in the USA?   Don't judge me or my calling if you are doing nothing!  

 BUT as much need as our children and families in the US have ( and they are great!!!!)  I have NEVER seen children and families living in conditions that we would not tolerate for our animals.  That is the condition that every child, every family in Bakka lives in. Mud huts falling down, never enough food, walking for 3 hours for water.  The need of these precious children is overwhelming they are valued less by our world then our  USA trash.  In their own culture they are rarely referred to by name. Their own culture views them as replaceable.  Every child born into this world is a gift from God our Father in Heaven.  Every Child should be called by name!!!  Every child should know they were perfectly created by their Heavenly Father and He calls them by NAME!  Not just the rich privileged children ALL CHILDREN!!!
God called me to be the representative of the children of Bakka!  That is why my work is primarily in  Uganda and not the USA.  BUT disposable children and families in the USA break my heart  because in the richest country in the world there should be NO DISPOSABLE children or families.

I beg you do not question my calling from God!    But ask God where is he calling you, he needs all hands on deck NOW!
End of rant.  :)


2 comments:

Kara B. said...

Sandra, please let me know if you received my sponsorship donation for May (sent this morning). It was a different process this time than any other month so I want to be sure it got to you! Definitely contact me if you have any problems getting or finding it! Thank you!

You're doing such great and honorable work--I cry whenever I read your blog.

Kara B. said...

And in response to this post specifically- Are we not ALL BROTHERS & SISTERS? Why should our brothers and sisters mean any less, or hold any less value to us just because they live in a different country? If your biological brother lived across the Atlantic, would you love him, help him any less than your brother that lives 5 miles away? If you are questioning this woman's work and calling, you need to practice focusing on yourself, pray, and ask God what it is you are here to do, which brothers and sisters you will find a special pull and U breakable bond towards? We are all here for a greater good...it's just a shame that most (yes, I dare say most) people are only living for themselves.