Donations Kisoboka Uganda, Inc.

Saturday, June 30, 2012


 
The link above is to the Lexington Minuteman Article Thursday June 28 th.
 
Some background on the Picture and how powerful it is to me.  In 2010 I went to Uganda by myself.  This picture was taken the first  day I visited  the Christian Mission Academy on this trip.  The  School had new school blocks.  They planned  a  school dedication ceremony.  I arrived and the children were lined up in two rows  that extended as far as I could see with a path for me to walk through.  They were clapping and chanting my name.  The emotions I felt that day were more intense then word can express.  I felt amazing joy seeing these children I love,  I felt happiness and  could see hope in the children faces.  I felt unworthy of the task, I felt overwhelmed with pain seeing so many children filled with disease, extended stomachs filled with worms,  cut on their feet with bug lava in it, lice malnutrition.  I had no idea how God could use me to change their lives.    On my way home in 2010 I had an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam the pain and emotion of the challenges I faced in changing these children lives overwhelmed me tears rolled down my face as I wrote a journal of what I experienced.
 
I made a promise to these children that I would do everything in my power to improve their live. I keep that promise every day.  The children are now provided a meal every day.  The school they attend is clean and safe.  They have a water tank so they don't need to walk far to get water for lunch.    The teachers are paid monthly this year they received the 50% raise they requested.  The soccer team has shoes.
 
There is still so much need.
The children still need medical attention, they need better food,  the school still needs books, the teachers need training.   If we reach the 100 children sponsored this year we will be on track to do many of these things.

love,
mum sandy gwoyagala

No comments: