Donations Kisoboka Uganda, Inc.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Anyone out there?

Hello All,
I am wondering if I am writing this for my own entertainment. If you are reading and want me to keep posting updates. Please click on the comments link and sent me a message.

This week I sent $1,200 collected from the fund raising efforts to Pastor Frank for them to start work on the school.
They finally received the boxes that we sent last November. (Talk about a slow boat). The cost of shipping was $1,700. (that took a lot of fund raising). Then when they received the boxes customs wanted to charge Pastor Frank $300.00 to receive them. The note I put on every box help them to recognize that they were for the Orphans so they reduced the charge to $127.00. The orphans should receive them this week. The shipment included a blanket, a t-shirt and a beanie baby for every child.

The balls we bought as gifts for the Orphans enabled them to compete with the region schools. Small gifts can make a HUGE difference.

The Flat Bread Pizza fund raiser is scheduled for August 26th. $3.00 for every large pizza and $1.75 for every small pizza will be donated to the children.
Mid- September we will be have a craft sale at TCC. I will keep you all posted.

I will stop posting if I do not receive any response so please send me a post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm reading, sandy! :)

i'll be traveling a lot this summer, so unable to read regularly, but i have been reading. and i just passed the link onto marilyn moore - she wanted to read too.

please keep posting. :)

Josy-Ann said...

Hello Sandy,

I haven't read your blog in a while but I am all caught up now and find it very interesting so please keep blogging. I am not going away for the summer but will definitely send a postcard to the orphans from beautiful Montreal!

Josy-Ann D.

mreg said...

HI Sandy,

I am reading, just not as often as I would like! You know the crazy start up life! Cathy is in town this week coming...want to meet for a drink or dinner? SHe is here tues-thurs.....Love and miss you Mary

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy,

Please keep updating your blog! I read it and refer it to others who want to stay updated with everything going on. I think it's a great way to get information out.

Dave

JoelTucker said...

I hope you're keeping up and getting email alerts. Pastor Frank is currently stranded in Palm Beach County, FL, due to a serious cultural misunderstanding. I met him last night at Tropical Sands Christian Church. His flight back to Uganda is out of Boston in about a month. Meanwhile, he has no resources. Does he have any friends on your end who can help? Feel free to contact me: joel@tropicalsands.org