Donations Kisoboka Uganda, Inc.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Update from the Weekend

We had a wonderful yard sale, we held it inside because of the threat of rain. We had many laughs and there was a good steady flow of people all day long.
The Poverty Awareness Table raised
BeadsForLife = $167.00
Invisible Children = $80.00
Blessing Baskets = $60.00
Urban Promise = $10.00
People project = $168.00
Bringing our total raised for the Orphanage to $1562.00

On Sunday Mike and I did our Ministry Moments, for the first time in my life I had more to say than my allotted time. I had to cut down what I had prepared. I was not nervous it was something I really wanted to do. I know that it was God working through me. Everyone who knows me, knows my fear of public speaking and that I am a woman of few words. I am willing to speak where ever anyone is willing to listen to me. (Many people don't want to hear about poverty, I think it makes them uncomfortable). I have volunteered to speak at the Waltham High School, I will connect with the Director of the History Department when I return. I am hoping that I can coordinate a fund raiser at the High School also.

No comments: